Monday 30 October 2017

Tote Bag & Gift bag - Finishes

I finally got my sewing machine back on Thursday night, but we were away at Swan Hill for the weekend, so I had to wait until we got home to finish off my tote bag - and I did! I love it! It is by far the most complicated thing I have attempted to sew since I started sewing, and I won't be trying it again, but I am super pleased with the end result and can't wait to put it into action. It has a pocket on the outside and another on the inside, each with zips - I haven't done zips since my year 9 sewing class and that was many years ago! But they work and don't get stuck and look amazing - I am super pleased with myself!
 

 
I really love the sewing-themed fabric I used as well - this will be my travel sewing/stitching bag so it is very appropriate. 
I finished off the draw-string gift bag from the Busy Crafting weekend - overall a very productive weekend I would say!
I also sewed up a quick cushion cover to replace one of the ones in my work library. I work at a theological library, so I think this Bible books print is quite appropriate. I have 3 more to do in different colours of the same design but I need to get some plain fabrics. Although I made the cover the same size as the one I took off, it does seem to be a bit tight, hence the funny shape. The cushion insert seemed to be extra fluffy so it took some squishing to get it in.

I hope your weekends were as productive as mine turned out to be...

Happy Stitching,
Kerrie
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerrie: Love the pillow, the bag is beautiful, you have some lovely projects here.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete